"Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” Joshua 24:15

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Good Evening,

And that it is. I thought a lot about this song when Bethany was in the hospital. I love this; I remember when Joy told me she wanted this played at her wedding reception.

Today was yet another whirlwind of a day. I was kind of in a funk when I went to work early today. I stopped at the other campus for a while, and eventually made it back to my office in SM. Ah....if I have to go to work, at least I have a great building and a great office to come to. That's always a good thing.

No sooner had I arrived at Snyder when I realized that I hadn't heard from Bethany all morning, so I texted her to call me when she was available. No answer. Around noon, I texted her again. No answer. Then shortly thereafter, she texted that she just awoke and had a splitting headache. I told her to take some pain meds and to return to bed. She also said that her back was really, really hurting. Hmmmmm.

So, I diligently returned to work, and actually got ALOT of work completed, even though my heart was not there at all. Thank God, the sun was shining through my window, and it wasn't raining outside. Just before leaving work, Bethany texted me that she was feeling really, really sick, had a really bad headache and an excrutiating back ache. Hmmm. That was not good news.



Bethany, with all of her courage and bravado, was insisting that she was fine, and that she only needed to lay down. So, I finished up at work, as I already worked my 8 hours, and was just tying up loose ends, and went home. Joy was there with Aubrey and Seth King, our friends from Columbus, and Bethany. Bethany looked a little rough, but seemed ok. Anyone who knows Bethany, knows that she will never complain about pain and will always, always insist on participate in whatever anyone else is doing.

So, she went and laid down while Aubrey, Seth and I looked at their recent wedding and honeymoon pictures, played with the dogs; on a side note, it's sooooooo very nice now that Koda has become much more laid back and obedient. It's like it happened overnight (or while Bethany and I were in the hospital). We were all trying to figure out something inexpensive to do tonight, when I came up with attending the Walleye Game. I figured Bethany and I would stay home--given the circumstances.

Everyone was excited to go to the Walleye Game, so Joy ordered tickets online, four, including one for Bethany. What????? Bethany really wanted to go. It's wierd because less than two hours prior I was contemplating returning her to the hospital. Geesh! So, we all ate a quick lasagna dinner and off they went. I gave major instructions, along with a pillow for Bethany's comfort, and then I settled in for a nice, quiet evening.

Jonathan has been gone for a couple days, and it felt totally awesome to be alone with my thoughts. After straightening up the house, I got on FB, Pinterest, etc, and before I knew, the tribe had returned. Bethany was really, really sick and needed her bed immediately. They hadn't realized that the game would be so loud, and it was back breaking for her, as well. So much for that. She took some meds and went directly to bed. She also whispered that she wanted me to wake her at 11pm for some additional meds. No problem.

Joy, Seth, Aubrey and I sat around for a couple hours just chit chatting, looking at videos on the web, playing with the dogs, laughing, crying, etc. It was a nice visit, but we all felt really bad for Bethany. I woke her at 11pm for her meds, with a glass of milk so her stomach won't be so upset, and after requesting a chocolate chip cookie, back to sleep she went. Poor thing.

Obviously, Bethany still needs prayer for her pain. Not just for her pain management, but that her pain actually disappears. Immediately. It has no place in her life, and we want it out. Amen!

Nik is still struggling with C-diff, and my mom is still suffering from arthritis, leukemia and a horrible cough.

There are a million other prayer requests, but quite honestly, I think these three are the most critical.

Please continue to lift them up in prayer. May you be blessed and have a wonderful weekend.

Love, Shari, Joy, Bethany and Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment