"Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Home from D.C.

Bethany just came home from Washington D.C. after attending the 'Right to Life' rally at the Capitol.  I am so very proud of her--to stand up for something that she passionately believes in.  Even though she just returned from a week of service in Jamaica, she found the time to board a bus for the 9 hour drive and return home in time for school tomorrow.  That's dedication.  She just mentioned that she still has a bit of homework that is due tomorrow.  Wow!  I guess that means an exceptionally early morning for her.

When I think of what would drive someone to be so passionate about something, I think of Paul and Silas and their time in prison.  They were passionate about witnessing.  They were passionate about Salvation.  They were passionate about their relationship with Christ.  They Praised God and witnessed even during their pain and suffering and 'counted it pure joy.' Their proverbial shackles were loosed and their chains were just broken.  Literally and figuratively.  Their actual handcuffs/shackles were supernaturally loosed, as were their earthly shackles upon accepting Christ as their Savior.  

I'm not only proud of Bethany for acting on her beliefs, but also for just choosing to take a stand for life in a culture that generally diminishes life.  As Christians, we know that life begins long before birth-- at conception.  Praise God, He knew me before I was even born; even before I took a breath, He formed me in my mother's womb.

Yes, as another anniversary of Roe v. Wade passes, I praise God for the faithful who are willing to sacrifice for the unborn.  I hope and pray that we are all willing to sacrifice for something that we truly believe in.  "Whatever you do to the least of these my brothers, that you do unto Me."

No comments:

Post a Comment