"Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” Joshua 24:15

Friday, December 30, 2011

Finally, a snippet of rest.

Well, it's 1 in the afternoon, and Bethany has finally found some rest. She is still moaning in her sleep, but she is sleeping nonetheless. Thank God! She has developed such a resistance to Percocet and Morphine that nothing seems to be really helping her. Joy brought up a heating pad for her lower back; the hospital supplied a moisture heating machine for her upper back; she has warm, wet towels on her shoulders and neck, and her hips and headache have yet to find relief.

Bethany hasn't eaten anything today, and she drank about 1 TB of milk and brought it right back up. I've ordered mashed potatoes, Gatorade and a bagel for her, but she finally is resting, and I am not about to awaken her. Timing is absolutely everything around here. Please pray that she is able to eat something--anything, as I think that may help her headache and nausea. Thank God for medications.

Nate just left, and I guess I'm gonna watch, "The Help," all by myself. Ha ha. I'm enjoying the quiet alone with my little princess. She is such a warrior princess and trouper. I am so very proud of her.

Thank you, Jesus, for Bethany Rose. For being her All in All, her Jehovah, her Healer, her Comforter, her Beginning and her Ending, her Peace and her Rest, her Hope and Her Love. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment