"Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” Joshua 24:15

Friday, February 3, 2012

TGIF! It's a Beautiful Morning.....

Good morning,

Well, our first night home wasn't too eventful. Bethany slept on and off, however, she was in substantially more pain than she had been in at the hospital. Because of this, I didn't actually hit the hay before 3:00 am. She said that her entire body hurt, especially her chest/heart, where her pic line is inserted. Hmmmm.

Here's a picture of a little ballerina--just as Bethany once was. She has

always been passionate about dancing, and I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that she will soon be dancing again.

I was tempted to call someone for some medical advice, but I held off. I remembered that Bethany had felt similar chest pain when she had the pic line inserted a couple of weeks ago. So....I waited. She begged me not to call anyone, so I didn't. I texted a friend of mine and asked him to call me in the morning with some medical advice. He reassured me that, because this has been in Bethany's history (experiencing chest pain from the pic insertion), that it's probably OK; I should ask the IV people when then visit at 11:00 am. I'm good with that because it sure beats the alternative.

I am just letting Bethany sleep this morning, even though she needs to awake to take her medication by 10:00 am, at the latest. I just know it's going to be a long day, and I figure she should get as much sleep as possible. Her pic insertion site is already bleeding and the tape is fraying. Goodness. The hospital said that when this happens, the bandage needs to be replaced--not just taped over. We must, however, wait for the medical person to arrive.

Toledo IV just called, and they are on their way to deliver the antibiotics. Yaay! I was a little worried about that. The hospital had given me a prescription for the antibiotics, but said that I 'shouldn't' need to fill it. Hmmm. What exactly 'shouldn't' means, I don't know, but at least this is now one thing I won't have to worry about.

Jonathan is at school, Joy had a doctor appt this morning and is leaving for work, Bethany is sleeping, I've already completed a host of housework; it's really wierd. To actually be home, in a really quiet house. Now that Koda has finally settled into his body and become very sedate, it's really odd. I haven't been in a quiet home in about a year--Rob and Rosie now have their own apartment; that's one less twenty something and puppy; Koda has totally turned into a different dog; that's another less puppy; and life is finally settling down. Whew!

I am hoping to return to work this afternoon, but I can't honestly say that I am. I have been working on balancing spreadsheets at home, but it's much easier to work from my office. I am just waiting to hear back from someone to see if they can come and sit with Bethany until Joy gets home.

I thought I'd include a picture of Bethany with her Aunt Jodi. She came to visit her yesterday. Also, the IV antibiotics, and a huge amount of related supplies, were just delivered. What part of, "She is medicated and sleeping so she can't sign. Would you like to view her Power of Attorney papers allowing me to sign on her behalf?" don't they understand. No, I am not going to wake her up. Goodness.

Please continue to pray for:
•Bethany: that she recovers quickly, handles the pic line with ease, is not too depressed and is able to rely on the Lord, her chest pain goes away and she becomes pain free, that her appetite and health return to normal--whatever that is.
•Nik Shay: that he continues to heal from C-diff, that he doesn't have Crohns disease or collitis; that he doesn't become too depressed and is able to rely on the Lord.
•My mom: that she continues to heal so that she may be discharged from the hospital.

Thank so much, and I'll continue to keep you posted. The Lord has taught both Bethany and myself many things during this time in our lives, and we are anxious to share.

Blessings and peace, Shari

No comments:

Post a Comment