"Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Back to normal.....if there is such a thing

Good evening,

I'm sorry it has taken so long for me to update this blog.
The last 24 hours have been busy, emotional and very difficult. Bethany is doing great, and for that, I am truly, truly grateful. We came home yesterday and she was able to sleep a bit. Her appetite is increasing, etc.

I had to go to work this morning, regardless of the fact that I still have vacation days to use, so a good friend of mine, Kathy Mannon, came over to stay with Bethany. I started at 7:00 am, and Joy and Jonathan had school, and I didn't want Bethany to be home alone. Praise God for friends like Kathy. Not sure about tomorrow. Just praying things go well with Bethany. She will have her cell phone, should she need anything, and I will only be 20 minutes or so away. I had planned on other assistance with Bethany, but sometimes the best laid plans fall through unexpectedly.

Hmmmm. Kathy said that Bethany did really well today, had an appetite, slept some and was just plain bored. Ha. A little boredom never hurt a first year bio engineering student. It's nice to see her not running around like a chicken with her head cut off. I thank God, moment by moment, for allowing her pain to be managed quite well. She is still on antibiotics for the spinal meningitis, steroids for the spinal surgery, percocet for pain, flexeril for muscle pain management, and a few other meds for sleeping aids. Wow! Who would ever know that we are actually a homeopathic family. Praise God for modern medicine and the drugs that are afforded to us because of it.



We are adjusting to life at home and at work....not what I had really hoped for, as some other circumstances have sadly changed. Joy is still at UT, but her scholarship has been rescinded through a miscommunication. My employer (as an institution) is on my last nerve. No, wait! They already trampled on my last nerve earlier in the week. I don't have any left to spare. Between Bethany coming home and adjusting to life with pain and without school, fatigue, laundry, still putting away Christmas decor, chauffeuring, Chris, Nik being hospitalized, my job, Joy's scholarship and Bethany's continuous stream of doctor appointments, I think I am going explode. Thank God for the silence of my home.

Joy and Bethany went to the rec to watch Bethany's boyfriend, Nate, play with some other college friends. I gave her strict instructions to come straight home. Bethany and Nate rented a few movies on the way home, and are downstairs chillaxing, without any particular time for sleep. Ha. The life of a non-student. She'll make up for lost academics once school begins in the fall. The life of a Bio-E student is crazy. At midnight, Joy worked out at the rec and then has been studying at Carlson library. She's on her way home now. Jonathan studied all evening for his Geometry test and is now asleep. I slept for a few hours when I returned home from work. I am still trying to get my days and nights repaired from being in the hospital and waking every 30 minutes or so. 6:00 am comes early though when I want to be at work by 7:00 am.

Please continue to pray for Bethany's complete and total healing. She has long term nerve damage that takes a daily toll on her life. We were hoping that this surgery would yield some positive results in that area, however, it has yet to be proven so. That doesn't mean that the Lord can't provide a miracle and have her have a delayed reaction. Amen!

Also, please continue to pray for Bethany's pain management, that she isn't too depressed, and that she is able to function as a normal 18 1/2 year old needs to. That this time in her life is used for good, for rest, for God's work (whatever that is), and that she is able to find a sweet, sweet peace.

More prayers are continually asked for Nik, Chris' son. He was released from Bellevue Hospital this morning, after spending the night. He has been suffering from C-Dif, a horrible disease, since early Nov, and relief does not appear to be in sight. He had 4 units of blood to combat a severe case of anemia, and he has lost upwards of 20 pounds on his small frame. Please pray that he is completely, totally, miraculously, instantaneously healed and that he will be able to enjoy his Senior season in Tennis.

Please pray for Joy and I, as we have a meeting with the Director of Scholarships at UT. She has not been friendly, at all. In fact, she has been extremely dismissive of our emails. After numerous 45 minute waits on the telephone, I had to use a friend of a friend of a friend's name in order to even get an email response. Goodness, whatever happened to a student centered environment. Please pray that she actually hears what we are saying and considers our plight.

Also, please pray that when we approach President Jacobs (or someone on his staff( next week, about Joy's 2010 assault, that someone finally takes definitive action on Joy's behalf. Goodness, the perps are still on campus, and still making harassing innuendos. Just a bit tired of playing nicey nicey. Mamma grizzly is a coming out, and it ain't purty.


I realize that this is a lot of prayer requests, however, I am feeling rather needy tonight. I am generally a rock of Gibraltar, but not tonight. Kind of feeling the weight of the world. I thank God for His ever present goodness in times of trouble, for showing me that He is always there and always will be. I thank Him for sending me a check in the mail, from two near and dear friends in Detroit. It's just reinforcing God's goodness to me during this difficult time. I also thank Him for my friends and family and for my job (assuming I still have one after a meeting on Thursday). Oh yeah, please pray about that meeting, too. Thank God, I have a wonderful boss who has my back when others don't appear to. Geesh!

Anyway, enough ranting for now. Thanks everyone, we love you and appreciate you all.

Love, blessings, peace and joy, Shari

No comments:

Post a Comment