"Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” Joshua 24:15

Monday, January 23, 2012

Two hours and counting.....

Good Morning, It's 11am, and Bethany is supposedly going to be discharged at 1pm. Woo Hoo! Yesterday was a very long and painful day. We have both experienced many worse and many better. Bethany had numerous friends come visit, and that was nice. She has missed her friends, and has been allowed very few visitors. I was able to go home and shower and do some laundry for a few much needed hours. When I returned, some of Bethany's college friends were visiting for another hour or so. That was nice.

Then, the evening ritual of attempting to fall asleep. The nurse came in and gave her an Ambien sleeping aid at 9:00 pm, then nebutol at 11:00pm, 12:30am, 2:00am, and thus the night of very little sleep. Bethany refused to have another dosage as it was making her sick, so on with the moaning and groaning. Thank God for morning, when she was finally able to get a few hours of much needed rest. As was I.

We are currently in the throws of waiting for her last antibiotic and steroid at 1:00 pm, and then we will be able to leave. We are all packed. I had originally planned on working this morning, but it hasn't worked out. Unfortunately, I received an email from Human Resources that wasn't too positive. Thank God, I'll be able to return to work tomorrow. Bummer that I am not independently wealthy or at least get more than two weeks of vacation a year. Ha Ha.

My dear friend, Kathy Mannon, has offered to sit with Bethany tomorrow while I return to work; I am not yet sure if I am going to take her up on her offer yet. I have to wait and see how this afternoon and evening go.

Please continue to pray for Bethany's complete and total healing, Chris' son, Nik's, having a medical procedure today to determine just why he has been so sick for the past couple of months. Please pray for his complete and total healing, as well. For Joy and Jonathan's studies at school, and for my employment.

Thank you very much, and I will continue to update this blog on a daily basis, if not more. Love and joy, Shari and Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment