"Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” Joshua 24:15

Sunday, January 15, 2012

There could never be a more beautiful Bethany Rose



Well, today has been the best day, by far. The doctor had Bethany put on a PCN, whereby she is receiving 1mg of Dilatid every hour, throughout the hour. After the initial boost of Dilatid, she has been managing well all day. She's woken up a few times, opened her eyes (with much effort), squeezed hands, wiggled toes, etc, and can understand commands. When I have asked her if she was comfortable, she responded affirmatively. That's awesome.

Her vitals have been the best that they have ever been; all of her cultures (blood, urine, etc) have returned negative; her drain and incision are totally dry and without leaks; she is not writhing in pain. She is not only on the PCN, but she also has a TPN drip (nutrition), a sedative drip, a catheter and a drain. Yes, it's been a good day. Bonnie left early this morning, for the airport, to return to Texas, while my sister, Debbie, came for the day to keep me company. Little did I know that Chris was surprising me a little early, and they arrived at the same time.

Shortly afterwards, Joy, Rob and Jonathan arrived, and then Heather, Joe and Lori. Chris and I went downstairs to de-compress, and everyone just whispered about Bethany's progress.

I've learned a LOT today and throughout this entire ordeal. I should that I have not only learned a lot, but also a lot of what I already knew has been reinforced:

•God is good all the time; no ifs, ands or buts about it; He is good all the time;
•God may not give you the desire of your heart at the moment, but He will give you what is best for you;
•Just as courage and strength are innate within a lion, they are truly innate within Bethany Rose;
•Heroes come in all sizes, including that of a 18 1/2 year old, blonde haired, blue eyed, sister, cousin, daughter and friend, Freshman child of God;
•God will make a way when there seems to be no way;
•This experience, albeit difficult at best, will make everyone involved stronger.

I am looking forward to getting a good night's sleep tonight, as I am sure that Bethany will, too.

Blessings and peace, many thanks,
Shari and Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment