"Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” Joshua 24:15

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Good Morning,



Well, Bethany has had another miserable night and morning. After a pretty good day yesterday, this is very disconcerting and frustrating for her. She has spent a lot of time crying, as her stomach is in a lot of pain. She cannot seem to shake it. Her back and legs feel good, but that stomach. She isn't on hardly any pain medication, Thank God, but it's not so much that. She wants to take some percocet, but it really, really irritates her stomach. So....


We are waiting for her breakfast. I have ordered her oatmeal with the thinking that the milk and oats will coat her stomach enough for the percocet to be able to settle and not irritate her stomach. She has gotten up to use the restroom a few times, which is always good, however, she just can not sleep. What's up with that? I mean, when I'm tired, I can sleep standing on my head. Goodness~

We are making plans for our escape on Monday. Just kidding. Her actual surgery, and all that that entailed, is accomplished, great, complete, healed, etc. It's just that her Infectious Disease doctor said that she needs to remain on antibiotics through Tuesday. Because insurance will only cover through Monday, I guess she returns home Monday. Woo Hoo! We are absolutely thrilled. (OK, at the moment, Monday seems rather far away, but we know it's only two days) Given the pain that she has been in all night, I am glad she is still in the hospital.

We are believing that today will be a great day. When I look at Bethany and at the surrounding circumstances, my flesh says, "Today will be lousy." When I look at the Lord, however, His Word and His Hope, my heart says, "It will be lovely." Even though Bethany has been having some relatively good days, it's been a rough, roller coaster of a week. She was extubated, has had ups and downs, I've had to return to work 1/2 time (full time next week), and just some unexpected events.

We are truly looking forward to the normalcy of life, relationships, family, friends, work, etc., asap. Thank you very much for your continued prayers for Bethany Rose. They are greatly appreciated and coveted.

No comments:

Post a Comment